5.15.2008

MEXICO...and a much needed update!!

Our tent...Thanks Costco!

2 sisters...Sandra & Aracely - they braided my hair!

(1st pregnancy pic of me)

MANGO MANIA!!

I think Trav bought one everytime someone walked by selling them!

Our 3 competitors - They all did fabulous!!

Steven (Triathalon), Gary (10 K run), Meghan (Triathalon)

Back to April 2008 - Cassie took me to California for the day for my birthday!! SO FUN!

Newport Beach Temple

We walked through a flower market - AMAZING!!

I have been meaning to update my blog for sometime now. Our computer bit the dust and that makes it really hard to upload pictures on someone else's computer and submit a post. Anyway, we just recently took a trip to Rocky Point, Mexico - May 1-4, 2008. It was my first time and we had a great time. I tried my best to "feel good" and not let my pregnancy get the best of me while traveling or basking in the sunlight. Our main reason for going down there was to watch and cheer on Steven, Meghan and Gary in their events. The triathalon that Steven and Meghan competed in consisted of a swim in the ocean, a bike course through the streets of Rocky Point, and a run through a golf course. It did not look easy but they did it!! And we were so proud of them! Gary (Steven's uncle) ran the 10 K which I believe is equal to 6.4 miles. Besides our fun of cheering them on, we spent a lot of time at the beach, eating Thrifty's ice cream and enjoying true Mexican food. The HIGHLIGHT of the trip was spent laughing because some "dog" escaped with 4, yes FOUR, bags of beef jerky from us. We decided that next year we hope to bring an RV and quads...leaving our tents and ice chests at home!!

As for the other pictures in this post - my great friend, Cassie, took me to California on a Saturday back in April. She works for the airlines and wanted to take me for my birthday. We had a wonderful time at the flower market, the fashion district, walking Huntington Beach pier and spending time with her parents. I would travel again with any of them...any day! THANKS AGAIN CASSIE!! LOVE YA!

Other than the above, life is plugging right along. Travis and I have our "BIG" ultrasound in 2 weeks to check on the baby and hopefully find out what we are having. Neither of us care what gender the baby is. But, we are still excited to know. We spend alot of time at home and have enjoyed being closer to family and friends. Call or Come by anytime!!

3 comments:

Colton and Ashley said...

FUN! Looks like you guys had a great time! And...I'm really excited to find out what you are having too!

dustyperle said...

WHAT FUN! I love the pic of your husband in the indiana jones hat. We are so glad that you are down here and even better that your in the bunco group. love ya

Samantha said...

So fun! I am glad you came back from Mexico ALIVE. Cassie is the best. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.