
Carson is on his way to having a very nice diaper rash. Does anyone have any suggestions of a cream or ointment that works really well? I have been using Desitin but I'm not convinced it works very well. Thanks to any advice you may have!
"Our eternity will fully reveal how wise our choice was to follow Jesus in this life" -unknown-
11 comments:
Already? Bummer. (No pun intended) Have you tried Vasoline? That's what we use and Halle hasn't had a diaper rash yet. Hope he's doing okay with it! The bath picture is too cute. Not even screaming!! Such a cutie--looks like Mommy!
Hi Brooke! Congrats on your cute little one. My favorite diaper cream is called Butt Paste. It works SO GOOD and it doesn't smell "medicine-y". You can buy it at Wal-Mart. It was by far my favorite.
Mackenzie had something that I thought was a diaper rash and it wouldn't go away. I took her into the dr. and it was a yeast infection. desitin will usually take care of diaper rashes but not a yeast infection. I would call the peds. nurse and see what they think. nystatin is what they will probably give you...that and letting him air out as much as possible will do the trick
well... A&D and then Vaseline on top to secure the A&D works best for my kiddos! Good luck!! I know, it's not fun for the baby or momma!
Second vote for the Butt Paste. It was developed by a doctor and works well. Plus you can giggle every time you say it. ;)
I have heard butt paste works. . . we haven't ever tried it.
I use bag balm with my children... If it works on cow udders, should work on my kids right?! LOL!
No really bag balm is GREAT STUFF!! just in case you don't know what it is http://www.bagbalm.com/
It last forever, and I buy mine at walmart. I used to get it around where the bandaids are, but last time it was with the animal stuff (dog food etc).
Like Tawnya said, one of my favorites was Butt Paste, but my Uncle Max recommended Zinc Oxide for Abby one time and it soon became my top favorite. Just a little bit of it and it's cleared up in a day. Someone mentioned they use Bag Balm, but I can't help but gag at the smell, we used to use it our our cattle!!
Brooke Butt Paste works the best. I had the same probably with Lindsey and I tried using Destin and there was no improvement whatsoever. I will never buy destin again. I am a firm advocate of the Butt Paste. Your baby is sooo cute. Good Luck!
Butt Paste is THE BEST!!
How are you guys? With Kamryn the only bad rash she had was when we bought some cheap diaper wipes on sale. We changed back to the Kirkland and pampers brand and no more rashes.
If it's really diaper rash, mix equal parts corn starch and Aquaphor (diaper rash cream). it will eventually make a thick paste and will clear it right up. If it doesn't, consider yeast or allergy. Change diapers or wipes. Even if you've been using the same diapers or wipes babies can develope an allergy to the perfumes in things. Different sizes contain different amounts of perfume. Hope this helps. He's such a beautiful baby! You had one lucky labor nurse!
Post a Comment