9.12.2008

Much Needed Trip - BENSON


11 am - Saturday Morning
Work it Travis!!

Walking Stick on the window screen
just about 6 inches long...chills!

Jackie's Baby Shower - she is 4 weeks ahead of me (Trav's cousin)

2 pm - Saturday Afternoon

Still mowing!! Very much appreciate by his dad!

This past weekend, Travis and I took a much needed trip down to his parents in Benson. It had been almost 2 months since we had been down in Benson and since we were there last my father-in-law, Paul has had some major complications with his eye and eyesight. He is doing a little bit better, but is still recovering slowly. It was nice to be able to visit with him and help out in any way possible. Travis spent most of his Saturday along with his brother, Jeremy mowing the lawn / weeds / dirt. Travis could tell as soon as we pulled up to his parents that his dad hadn't been feeling well just by how the lawn looked. Usually it is all in immaculate condition. I know that Paul definitely appreciated the help of his two sons.

My mother-in-law, Robin and I went to a luncheon and baby shower for Travis' cousin, Jackie. She is 4 weeks ahead of me and she is having a girl! She is the cutest pregnant woman and I just don't know where else she is going to grow these last couple of weeks. Travis and her were close growing up and I look forward to our children becoming good friends too. The only bad thing is her and her husband live in Benson too. We definitely wish we lived closer to them.

Like I said before, it was a much needed trip and Travis and I were happy to be able to get away even for just a couple days. The weather is always a little bit cooler down there and there is nothing like being in the country either.

**Baby Update - There really isn't much to update. I have 6 weeks left and I am really feeling great. I have 2 baby showers coming up and I look forward to them since I don't have much for the baby yet. I will keep updating with pictures and tidbits as time goes on.

6 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

You look great for being due in 6 weeks! OH and I forgot to thank you for coming to Danny and Spencer's talks.

The Giffords said...

I think you are such a cute pregnant woman. I can't wait to see you in person.

Jackie said...

Maybe I should've worn a looser shirt so I didn't look so much bigger than you! But who am I kidding, I know I'm huge! I'm glad you were able to make it, thanks for your help at the shower. And you guys could always move down here so our kids can be as close as me and Travis!! :)

Colton and Ashley said...

Nice Grizzly Adams! And Brooke, you look awesome as always!

Tanner said...

Brooke - you are looking SO dang good, too good to be almost full term!! Man, I can't wait to see this cute little guy! Have you guys decided on a name yet?

xoxo
jill :)

Nelson Family said...

You look so good! It's crazy we are in the same ward and live a few houses away and I never see you. I will finally get to see "the bump" in real life on Thursday!! Looks like you had a great time in Benson.